DALLAS (November 2022) – Lakewood Brewing has announced its complete lineup of fall and winter beers ranging from its seasonal favorite, Punkel, to its Salted Caramel Temptress, a twist on the family-owned brewery’s classic top-selling Temptress milk stout. Some of the new releases will be sold market-wide, including the popular Temptress Seduction mix-pack, new seasonal Sweater Weather, and obviously Bourbon Barrel Temptress, while some will be Taproom exclusive.
“We just marked ten years of making seriously fun beer and our first decade deserves a big beer line-up to close the year,” said Wim Bens, Founder and President of Lakewood. “We explored some past recipes and brought back updated fan favorites while also launching new varieties. This year marks a milestone for our little brewery that we won’t soon forget.”
Just some of the beers available at Lakewood’s recently updated Taproom and Kitchen include:
- BOURBON BARREL TEMPTRESS X (BBT X), is the tenth iteration of Lakewood’s annual barreling project was released on December 3. This 2-year blend consists of a variety of bourbon barrels from across the “Bourbon Belt.”. Each year’s release has subtle differences that highlight the multi-faceted nature of Temptress, which helps make BBT X sought-after barrel-aged masterpiece.
- CHRONIC CHILL – Taproom Only – Lakewood’s complex, fruity, and dank red cold IPA with galaxy hops and hemp terpenes, brewed in collaboration with Intrinsic Smokehouse & Brewery. A cold IPA is fermented at a lower temperature than normal to give a dry bright finish.
- FRENCH QUARTER TEMPTRESS, encompassing flavors from bourbon barrel-aged coffee made by Noble Coyote Coffee Roasters and a touch of chicory, both of which give this infused version of Lakewood’s imperial milk stout that signature New Orleans flair.
- LION’S SHARE X, Lakewood’s 10th Anniversary release is a fan-favorite Belgian dark strong that is complex, rich, smooth, and dangerously drinkable for its ABV. Lakewood’s version takes it to the next level with added strength and complexity from the bourbon and port barrels it is aged in.
- MECHANICAL GRIZZLY, an imperial English brown ale, brewed with dark roasted coffee beans from Fort Worth Coffee Emporium and English toffee, making it delectably fun to sip and to describe.
- NUTEMPTRESS, a Nutella-flavored Temptress made with Lakewood’s tasty imperial milk stout infused with hazelnut and chocolate from YeliBelly Chocolates.
- PUNKEL, a malty German lager that has a pumpkin pie twist without the pumpkin. This seasonal spiced lager has a lighter body enhanced by cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger.
- SALTED CARAMEL TEMPTRESS combines Lakewood’s Temptress with the toasty sweetness of creamy caramel, balanced with a touch of sea salt. It’s a gourmet glass of gooey goodness.
- SIN MINT TEMPTRESS has mint and a touch of graham cracker infused into Lakewood’s imperial milk stout, invoking notes of not only mint chocolate chip but also guilty pleasure in the form of a cookie.
- SWEATER WEATHER, this brand new seasonal is a Belgian-style winter warmer perfect for the holidays gathering round the firepit and cozily savoring the season.
- THE WITCH 2022 is an annual Taproom only release of rye whiskey barrel-aged French Toast Temptress infused with coffee from North Texas roaster Eiland, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spices, and scorpion peppers. This beer is a cauldron of complex flavors that blend perfectly together.
Lakewood’s season will also include live music, and the return of Wednesday Trivia.
Beer Poking, which made its official Texas debut at Lakewood’s Punktoberfest party earlier this year, will also return. The practice, brought to Lakewood by Minnesota transplant and Taproom Manager Tommie Hollingsworth, involves inserting a heated metal rod into a beer, caramelizing the sugars in the beer for an even richer experience.
Lakewood is most notably known for its Temptress Imperial Milk Stout, the best-selling craft stout in Texas. Today, its beer portfolio includes year-round releases, seasonal and limited releases, all of which draw beer lovers to the Taproom at 2302 Executive Drive in Garland. Lakewood beers are available on craft beer shelves Texas-wide and can be found using Lakewood’s online Beer Finder.
About Lakewood Brewing Company
Lakewood Brewing Company is a family-owned, independent craft brewery making Seriously Fun Beer. Lakewood exploded onto the DFW brewing scene in 2012 and became famous for its Temptress Imperial Milk Stout, which is now the best-selling craft stout in Texas. Its diverse beer portfolio includes year-round, seasonal, and limited release beers.