The Texas Craft Beer Festival in East Austin is one of my favorite yearly events. It’s a great opportunity to taste craft beer from breweries throughout the state of Texas. If it’s your first time going to the festival, below are my five tips to have to have a great time there.
Five Tips for Fun at TCBF
- Consider taking alternate transportation. Since you’ll be enjoying a lot of beer, taking public transportation or going the ride share route is safer. Plus, you won’t have to worry about finding spaces to park.
- If you’re driving, come and park early. Parking spaces around the park and on the adjacent streets fills up quickly. Even if you have a GA ticket (2 p.m. entry), consider coming early (like 11 a.m.) to get a good parking spot. While you wait, walk to Cesar Chavez St., and enjoy brunch. Besides, the walking will always do you good considering the amount of beer you’re about to enjoy.
- Dress comfortably. Speaking of walking (which you’ll be doing a lot of), wear comfortable clothing and shoes. If you must bring a bag, keep it small like a small handbag, fanny packs or drawstring bag. As Erykah Badu would say, “pack light”.
- Drink plenty of water. Stay hydrated above all else. There are water stations through the park. Plus, you can bring empty, reusable plastic or aluminum water bottles inside.
- Stay in the moment. Save logging your unique brews to Untappd for afterwards (or maybe the next day). Use the list of participating breweries as a guide. Don’t forget the community collab tents and rotating beers throughout the day. Between drinks, grab some food on the park grounds (outside or drink food is prohibited) and check out the live music. Meet some new people and have fun.
The TCBF website has a complete FAQ if you have additional questions about the event.
Got another tip to share for a fun time at the festival? Share below in the comments. See you there!